Who can use RehaMove
It can be used wherever there is a weakness or paralysis of the muscle, as long as there are no contraindications for use. We have a number of < Case Studies > available for your interest. Increasingly, many patients purchase a RehaMove system for home use - with and without continued supervision by a clinician.
RehaMove is widely used by patients:
• following spinal cord injury
• following stroke
• following TBI (traumatic brain injury)
• with MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
• with Parkinson's Disease
• with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
• with Chronic Polyarthritis (Rheumatoid Arthritis)
• and other neurological challenges
RehaMove is used extensively in hospitals, rehabilitation units, private clinics and in the community by clinicians, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and more to enhance the recovery and long term care of their patients. There is extensive Research into the use effective use of RehaMove in different environments available.
We know there is no perfect product and the RehaMove system may not be suitable for everyone. As such there are a number of contraindications and considerations that should be addressed before a trial of the system. The majority of these contraindications are most specific to those patients with spinal c injury but are applicable across the board.
FES and the RehaMove system should not be used by people:
- With epilepsy
- With known allergies to electrode gel
- With metal implants directly underneath or near the muscle groups which are to be stimulated
- Who are pregnant - the possible adverse effects of stimulation are unknown and have not yet been rigorously investigated
- Contractures that are severe enough to prevent cycling motion of the legs
- Severe osteoporosis (thin, weakened bones)
Extra consideration should also be given to those:
- Who use cardiac pacemakers (depending on type - most modern designs are fine)
- Who have a history of leg fractures
- Who have severe spasticity. Moderate spasticity is often helped by this exercise although it make take up to 3 months for the benefits to be apparent.
- Who have experiences autonomic dysreflexia
Once you have cleared the patient for any contraindications you can make them aware of
the many Benefits of using RehaMove.